NBC News compiled a database of more than 202,000 deleted Russian troll tweets and found over 2,700 confirmed Russian trolls posted false content on social media prior to the November 2016 U.S. election specifically to sow doubt and discord among Americans, support Donald Trump, damage Hillary Clinton, and disrupt online conversations in the run-up to the 2016 presidential race. The Russian tweets frequently linked Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton and other Democratic figures, like John Podesta, to Satanic rituals and the occult. One example is the well known, unsubstantiated Hillary Clinton #Pizzagate scandal. The Russian trolls’ occult narratives were seized upon and magnified by conservative media figures and websites, including the Drudge Report and Fox News host Sean Hannity. U.S. Intelligence chiefs have made unanimous public statements that Russia will be targeting the upcoming 2018 U.S. elections as well.
- Local fundraiser for Diane Mitsch Bush, Dem for 3rd Congressional District running to unseat Scott Tipton
- Mesa County Dems’ Assembly Sat., 3/24 @ Central HS, Check in 9 a.m.
- Caucuses are tomorrow, Tuesday, March 6 at 7:00 p.m. – Come out in force to make a difference!
- G.J. City Council to consider ending religious invocations at public meetings
- Fruita Chamber to host election forum March 8
- G.J. City Council to consider ending religious invocations at public meetings on
- Caucuses are tomorrow, Tuesday, March 6 at 7:00 p.m. – Come out in force to make a difference! on
- Ready for caucuses on Tuesday, March 6? Here is a list of precinct sites: on
- Protect Mueller and the Russia Investigation! on
- Russian trolls spread occult narratives against Democrats in 2016 U.S. election, will target 2018 elections as well on