President Trump announced he is ending the cost-sharing reduction subsidies the federal government has been paying insurance companies to help poor and middle-income Americans pay for their health insurance premiums. Trump’s moves to sabotage Obamacare will drastically increase the number of uninsured people across the U.S., and are guaranteed to deepen the chasm between healthier, wealthier Americans and poorer, chronically sicker Americans who cost more to insure. Trump’s ending the subsidies assures that people with chronic illnesses who buy their insurance on the open market and who have relied on subsidies to help afford their insurance will suffer the most, by incurring crushingly heavy insurance premiums.
- Drilling company demands over $1 million from Mesa County school, hospital and fire districts; GarCo on the hook for millions, too
- Tipton Votes to end tax deductions, increase national debt by $1.4 trillion
- Inside/Out Dreamers DACA International Photo Art Project
- Scare the GOP! Join Mesa County Dems in the Veterans Day Parade!
- Hoboken, NJ elects First Sikh-American mayor
- Drilling company demands over $1 million from Mesa County school, hospital and fire districts; GarCo on the hook for millions, too on
- District 51 Bond Issue Kickoff: Yes on 3A and 3B on
- Trump guts access to birth control, allows employers’ religion to dictate employees’ access to contraceptives on
- What is a “dotard”? on
- Democrats and Republicans aghast as Trump again blames “both sides” for Charlottesville violence on